1.14.2009

Is It Coincidental

My wife and I just moved out of our condo and as we made one last trip down the hallway I was reminded of an observation I had made many mornings.

Of the 10 or so units on our floor, six or seven received the New York Times, three received the Wall Street Journal, and only one received the local Oregonian newspaper. In the two other buildings we had lived in the only paper I had ever seen was the Oregonian.

The difference became apparent that in our most recent condo we lived on the top floor and the median income was significantly higher than the other two buildings where we did not live on the top floor.

I have since began paying closer attention to what different income classes read and it varies greatly, one class from another. Yet within the income class, birds of a feather flock together.

What are you reading? Does it even matter? 

I am certainly not suggesting that reading the right newspaper is the sure path to riches...

For a great Japanese proverb states, "If you believe everything you read, better not read."

The important questions is, "what else do “they” do differently?"